Getting Started with GlobaliD
GlobaliD allows developers to easily, safely and securely set up an identity stack. To integrate with GlobaliD, we'll walk you through three simple steps:
- Create a GlobaliD Developer Account
- Create "Apps" for your projects
- Configure your App
- Authenticate Users and Access PII data
1. Create a GlobaliD Developer Account
A Developer account allows you to integrate GlobaliD's solutions.
- If you do not yet have a GlobaliD portable self-sovereign identity, please create one by downloading the GlobaliD mobile application app and selecting your unique globaliD Name.
- Navigate to the GlobaliD Developer Portal home page and sign in by scanning a QR code with your globaliD mobile app.
- Complete your developer profile by providing certain basic information. Please be prepared to provide an image representing your company; this should be a square .png image sized between 300 x 300 and 3000 x 3000 pixels
Once completed, you will be brought to your GlobaliD Developer Portal dashboard, where you will be able to see applications that you've created.
2. Create an App
GlobaliD supports 2 types of Apps:
Developer Apps: Uses GlobaliD's solution to authorize users and to verify the aspects of their identity needed to access your services. This is done by routing users to the GlobaliD App Connect or GlobaliD Web Connect service. Once a user has authorized themselves, this service can be used to authenticate them as well. Additionally, developer applications allow you to potentially access user personally identifiable information (PII). Most GlobaliD partners create developer apps to authenticate and authorize users.
Issuer Apps: Allows developers to set up a new Verification Issuing App for GlobaliD partners to verify aspects of their users' identities.
To create a new app, navigate to "My Apps" and click the Create New App button under the 'Deverloper Apps' or 'Verification Apps' section:
Each App that you create will generate its own
client_secret key. You will use these values in your codebase to interface with the GlobaliD service.
3. Configure Your Application
We anticipate most partners creating developer applications to prompt their users to complete verifications they need to authenticate them, as well as to authorize users to use their service. To do so, GloballiD routes users to the above-mentioned GlobaliD App Connect and GlobaliD Web Connect products. You can configure how these services behave by interacting with the Connect URLs and Required Verifications feature sets.
4. Authorize users and Access user data
After completion of the GlobaliD App Connect or GlobaliD Web Connect, users will be redirected back to partner websites. Partners can then authenticate users through the Outh 2.0 standard. For more information, visit the Connect Setup Page.
In some cases, partners must access underlying Personal and Identifiable information (PII) about the user's identity associated with a particular verification. As such, partners can configure their applications to access this information ONLY WITH EXPLICIT USER CONSENT. TO do so, GlobaliD utilizes the OpenID standard to allow partners to access consented infromation. For more information, please review the GlobaliD Vault and PII sharing documentation.